Get it On! is a community-focused programme designed to create a condom culture across Aotearoa New Zealand. Our website receives over 1600 visits per day and is a continually growing hub of safe sex, sexuality and community information for gay and bisexual men.
We’re currently recruiting contract writers to submit entries for publication in our blog section at www.getiton.co.nz/blog/.
Get it On! will pay you a modest koha of $30 per published blog entry, and we'll credit you for your writing. If you’re keen to contribute to this community-focused blog, have a read of our guidelines below and then email online editor, Joe Rich at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Approx 500-700 words
- Good quality language, spelling and grammar
- Original and unique (i.e. not duplicate content from your own blog or another blog)
Preferred Topics and Subjects
Submissions can be opinion or news pieces, in the subject categories listed below. Submissions will be published based on relevance and alignment with Get it On! values and mission. If you have any questions about a topic, contact the online editor listed above.
- LGBT Community
- Condoms & Safe Sex
- Current Events
- Where relevant, link to other content or posts found on http://www.getiton.co.nz
- Include attribution links to any external material referenced in your post
- Include appropriate and relevant images when submitting your blog entry. Attached images separately, as jpeg files
- If published, your blog post belongs to Get it On! but will be credited to you, the author.
- Your blog post cannot be republished anywhere else. We only accept original content.
- Please don’t be offended if we suggest changes to your blog post. We have a responsibility to ensure content appropriately reflects our program objectives.
- Posts should be submitted as a Microsoft Word document, with images attached separately as jpeg files.
- Use short paragraphs or bullet points to ensure readability.